Money Secrets of the Amish by Lorilee Craker

The budget secrets were common sense tips.  I was raised by a thrifty mom who re-purposed before it became the "In" thing to do, or "Going Green"  etc...  She was creative in her financial sensibilities in most areas of our home life.
Ms. Craker's discusses new ways to share gift giving joy in Christmas gift giving. This is an area of spending that a lot of people fall into a debt trap.  She shares many tips on how to avoid this money pit. 

A quote from the chapter titled, Rethinking Gifts,  " I don't know if I'm prepared to receive only a light bulb for Christmas...but I think we could all stand to dial it down about ten notches."

I heartily agree!  My best gifts have always been those that were simple and spoke to me of the givers thoughtfulness not necessarily their abundant bank account.
I liked the book.  It was an easy read and a doable process for most anyone.   There is a list of bartering websites that would be helpful to most.  After 14 chapters, you are likely to have picked up something that will help you in your quest to save money and enjoy the simple pleasure of saving more money and sharing with others.

~Debbie

© 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers








All writing,poetry,posts,art,and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus