Father Me



Psalm 23:1-6
© 2008 Debbie Turner Chavers



This morning I awoke with a verse of scripture resounding in my thoughts. It was a morning thought pertaining to a portion of Psalm 23:6.. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. 
A beautiful verse, one which I am in the habit of confessing over my life and loved ones. But this morning in my sleepy condition I said the verse a bit different..which woke me with a start due to my perceived error.

*What I prayed was "Surely your goodness and mercy shall Father me all the days of my life."


As I recognized my miswording of the known scripture, I felt the Lord prompt me to consider what I had prayed. So I did. 

I am asking you to consider my unintentional prayer for your own life also.
What would this manifested prayer look like in your own life? Allow God to be a "Father" to you.


Father God, thank you. I praise and thank you that surely your goodness and mercy shall "Father" me all the days of mine and my family's life.
In Jesus name. Amen.

~Debbie



Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17  Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
Comfort your hearts,and stablish you in every good word and work.


Psalm 23:1-6
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake,
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 











** If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.

All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2016 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible which can be accessed online http://biblegateway.com Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus