3 Poems From my Journal

                                                                      Enough
                                                      © 2004 Debbie Turner Chavers


All three poems were written by me, May 19, 2014.  At that time was I was thinking about weight, perception of body image and its impact on our emotional and spiritual life.


A Weighty Matter

I eat
I am hungry
Hungry for answers
With questions unasked
With issues to large to fill a plate

So I eat
Trying to fill the emptiness
of areas broken
With food
That will not fill or heal

And so I pause
Hand mid-air
Reaching upward
Instead of inward
Waiting to be filled.

© 2014 Debbie Turner Chavers




The Struggle-The Decision

I am fat.
I am skinny.
I am dissatisfied.
I am pretty.
I am not.

I love you.
I do not.
I died for you.
I will not.
Be held by my unbelief.
I am
His.

© 2014 Debbie Turner Chavers



Room

Is there room for me?
Will you push aside
Your judgement?
Your pain?
Your pride?
To gain
The intimacy of union.
Is there room for me?

© 2014 Debbie Turner Chavers



* If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.

All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus