Catalyst

© 2005 Debbie Turner Chavers Psalm 30:5 



There are catalyst in every persons life.


On June 12, 2019 I was told that my sister had died unexpectedly of a heart attack on the 11th.
Silence.
No more laughter with my sister.
Silence.
No more time or opportunities with her.
Silence.
Until Heaven.

Terri was my younger sister by 11 months.
My only sibling.
We were total opposites in almost everything.
I loved her, the gift of her.
No matter our difference of opinion on almost every subject in life, I was grateful that she was my little sister.
Grief is not always silent.
Silence is not always quiet.
Silence can reverberate with "Why?" or "I don't understand" and
"Help me, God."

And He has.

Loss is hard.
Each loss that has come has been a catalyst. A drawing nearer to my Redeemer.
My questions have not been answered, but as I obey, choice by choice I feel His peace bathe my mind, body, and spirit.
As I tearfully prayed about this loss, I heard the Lord speak to my heart.
He said to quit trying to figure out, the "why" and the "I don't understand."
My flesh wants to wail, to wallow, yet I have been told to acknowledge each fragment of grief with gratitude.
I am obeying.
God is comforting me in the process.
Moment by moment as I remember Terri, I verbalize and think about her with gratitude.
Even the difficult moments of our relationship.

I hope sharing this helps someone as they walk through their own grief process.

Father God, thank you.
~Debbie


Philippians 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.





*Repost from http://debbieturnerchavers.com
** If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting. All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2019 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible which can be accessed online http://biblegateway.com
Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com
Follow on Twitter @ArtParables @DebbieTChavers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus