A Prepared Garden

With Spring weather quickly approaching my thoughts have turned toward my garden. I spend a great amount of time in preparation toward the planting. Now is the time that I start day dreaming about the plants that I will plant. I envision the ripe, beautiful fruit that will be the reward of my labor. There will be much work to do, amending of the soil(fertilizing), plowing, seeding, watering and then the wait for the first small green shoots to appear. And with much attention to detail....proper watering, sunshine, and weeding I will finally be able to harvest the first of many delicious meals from the vine.

And as I think along these lines, I realize that we are a garden also. As all things have a season of preparation....so do we. The Lord has not forgotten us, we are not an abandoned garden. Spring always comes and then the harvest. The Lord looks at you and I and thinks of the beautiful, ripe fruit that He will see in our lives as He prepares our soil. Winter will be over and the singing of the birds will come. With preparation and patience we too will have fruit in our garden to present to the Lord. He is the vine, we are the branches.


John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.




Looking forward to Spring,

Debbie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus