What Are You Doing?

What are you doing? I fell asleep with this sentence dancing across my mind last night. This tango of thought was center stage due to the ordering of my life. All my life I have had a well rehearsed plan of action that I danced around to the tune of someone else's beat. There comes a time when you must take the lead. And for me...that time is now.
Thus the question. What are you doing?

Ah! What am I doing? A question to which I am not sure how to answer. The doing part I can manage quite well, since laziness has never been an issue. I have had many others, such as procrastination, fear, selfishness, and the list goes on. But not true laziness that caused me to waste time, money, or effort on the behalf of someone else and their interest. But the dilemma is when I am doing something for or about me.
But, I digress! The question still awaits an answer. What am I doing?

So here I sit......thinking. As I mentally walk around this question I have to view it as though I am advising someone else. What would I tell someone else?

Make a plan and execute the plan. Easy. Right? NO.
So maybe I need to look at what I am not doing to decide what I am doing.

Here is what I am not doing.

1. I am not running ahead of God, looking back to see if He has caught up to me and my plan.
2. I am not fretting about things that I have no control or authority to change.
3. I am not waiting to see how I feel about His word before I move in obedience to His word.
4. I am not looking at another person to do for me what only I can do through my choices.
5. I am not leaning on my own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

There is my answer. What am I doing? I am in the process of trusting God with all my heart.
Simplified this equals....
Always do the right thing and expect God to do His part.
You can do this. I can do this.

~Debbie


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus