Fruit

Sitting on the back porch this morning I noticed the okra plants with their pretty yellow flowers and okra pods, standing tall and reaching upward. Even in nature, most things reach up to the light. My garden is right off the screened back porch. I can see tomato plants, apple and cherry trees, okra, and hydrangeas from this vantage point.

Each started as a seed, it grew, it flowered, and then it made fruit to be eaten.
I noticed that most things bud with a flower but not all have fruit that can be eaten.
My fruit trees had flowers then the flower fell away and I had a tiny fruit in its place.
My vegetables had flowers and repeated the cycle. Flower first, then something to eat.
I think we are like that as Christians. First we flower under the Son and as we mature, others may pick, the sometimes small fruit from our lives. But it is fruit, however small.

In God's garden on this earth, let us strive in Christ Jesus to flower and bring forth fruit.
Because God expects us to have fruit.

~Debbie

Galatians 5:22,23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Luke 13:7Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus