Shine

Did you ever sing the song "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine. Not going to hide it under a bushel, NO, I am going to let it shine! Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."
I remember going to Sunday school a few times during my childhood and I left the class with this song. The song stayed with me through the years, although I did not understand its meaning, I knew I wanted to shine!

After becoming an adult, I chose to accept Jesus Christ as my Saviour and allow His light to shine in and through me. There are still many things that I do not understand. Yet, I do understand that I am to shine as a light in this dark world. You are to shine.

For years I walked in darkness and lived my life in darkness.
Nothing is clear in the dark. Only when the light is shown does the darkness recede.

Darkness does not disappear. It is still present, but is pushed aside by His light.
Jesus Christ in you is a light that can illuminate the darkness.

Today I want to encourage you to shine.
There are storms that would try to quench His light in you, yet shine.

God wants to use us to light the darkness around us.
~Debbie





Luke 11:33
No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Daniel 12:3
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.


Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus