What Smell?

Recently, my kitchen disposal broke.
Needless, to say, an opening without a drain basket is an opportunity for a big mess.
After determining the problem, I commenced upon a solution.
A drain basket over the opening until a replacement could be arranged to be installed.

In the meantime, I had to clean out the hole, that had just received a large mess! EWW!!!
Well, I thought I had removed all of the mess from the drain. Rinse, repeat, rinse again.
It appeared clean to me.

That is, until my daughters came to visit and told me there was a slightly bad odor in the house.
What! EWW!
What smell?
After all, I had not noticed a bad smell.
My daughters laughed and told me there was definitely a bad smell which I could not smell because I had been exposed to it all day.

Hmm...that made me think.

How often does our attitude, or our outlook have a slightly bad odor? Stinky thinking

Sometimes others notice what we have not noticed and care enough to tell us.

So today, even if you think your attitude is great, careful consideration may be in order.
Spending time in God's word can be a drain basket for your less than lovely attitude.
Take a few moments and thoughtfully, stop and smell your attitude.
A lot of times upon closer inspection you will find that it is not as sweet as you once thought.
Removal of the junk and air freshener does wonders for your home.
Application of God's word and a fresh wind of God's Holy Spirit can clean up the most offensive things.


Cleaning house inside and out.
~Debbie


Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus