Goals and The New Year

Once again a new year is upon us. It is time for reflection and realignment of goals.
Goals are small steps we each can take to further our success in everyday life.
I try not to make new year resolutions. Instead I make a list of things I would like to accomplish in the following year. As I reflect on my current list it falls into several categories.
I am listing the top three and how I start determining my plan of action. As I focus on each area, of Spirit, Soul, and Body I will co-ordinate my personal plan of action. You do the same for yourself.


Spirit-the principle of conscious life;
1. (My intentions/goal) My mental determination to stay organized, focused and methodically move toward my goals.
This involves a whittling away of what is not necessary in my everyday life on a regular basis. To be evaluated routinely. In my case, daily, the night before a new day. As with any plan...adjustments will be made as needed. It is necessary to recognize your small and large success in a given area. Do not berate yourself at the end of the day. Find a positive and build on that.
*The important thing is to have a goal followed by action. Congratulate yourself on your success even in minuet matters. It is not whether you succeeded or failed, but that you tried. Congratulations! This does get easier.


Soul-the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part.
2. (My intentions/goal)My emotional well being, my feelings. My emotional well being is established by trust. Trust in the word of God and those that I am in relationship with. My immediate circle of love and outward.
For me to stay stable in this area, it is imperative that I study the Word of God on a regular basis. From this I am able to judge the proper way for me to respond to everyday life. This means that I must set aside time to read God's word daily. This is my compass, my true north.
If I am not viewing myself and others with the mind of Christ it is easy to become offended and in a ditch emotionally. I am dependant by choice on the word of God. Make time for your relationship with God.
*No relationship stays vibrant and healthy if you neglect to give time and effort toward it.


Body-the physical structure and material substance of an animal or plant, living or dead.
3. (My intentions/goal)Most of us neglect the vessel that carries us around. Our body.
I am guilty. As I age, I have noticed that my body demands attention toward its care far louder than it ever did when I was young. Obviously, better nutrition, water, and movement are in order. So there you have it. Moderation in those things that are not so great nutritionally, and a focused effort toward taking better care of the body I have been given.
*Moderation. Little by little, step by step, take better care of yourself.


May God grant each of you, His wisdom,protection and help in the New Year as you live your life in obedience to Him.

~Debbie


1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus