Provocation

I have been considering how I act on a daily basis. Do I provoke others in a positive or a negative way? God's word tells me to provoke others unto love and good works. If I do not make a conscious effort, this will not necessarily be my plan of action.
It is easy to follow instead of lead.
To fall into line with complaining and complacency. Not a proper path if we want to obey God's word.
Without a decision on our part, you and I will float along participating in the status quo.
I have made a quality decision to focus on the positive. Yes, I know there is plenty of negative stuff all around. So I can either wallow in the mire or take a bath in God's good word and clean up my perspective and the area around me.
There is almost a spoiled delight in complaining. Yet, if I look around while wallowing in this mire, I will recognize that my mental mud has a way of splattering those around me.
Without much thought at all, I can be provoked into thinking I have an excuse to complain. Whether by a peevish attitude or a general dissatisfied demeanor I can affect those around me. So can you.
So today I want to provoke us both to take the lead. Obey God's word and provoke those around us unto love and good works.
You and I have tremendous potential to have a wonderful, positive effect on others during our life time.
Do not dismiss the power of one.
Be the one who provokes others unto love and good works.

~Debbie

© 2010 Debbie Turner Chavers

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:


John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus