Proverbs 1

I try to read proverbs daily. It is an easy way to read the Bible and gain wisdom. Today is the first day of March therefore I will read Proverbs 1. I read and as I read I receive a nudge of understanding. A moment of clarity regarding my own walk with God or a situation may be shown in a new light. I love Proverbs.
I like to study from the King James bible. The headers on Proverbs 1 have the verses broke down into 4 sections. A quick summary of the given information or a preview of the menu.
As I read and digest the food of God's word I can consider the meal set before me.

The first header for Proverbs 1:1-6 states
A Wise Man Will Hear.
Jesus said to take heed what we hear. So listening to the right thing is important. We need to guard our hearing. If I have time to chew on this precept/concept, it will lead me to thinking about what I hear, who I hear it from, and if I should be listening to them! Our minds and spirits become conditioned to the verbal atmosphere we surround ourselves with daily.
Proverbs 1:5 A wise [man] will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
The word hear in this sentence means obey. This shows that we have a tendency to obey what we hear. So listen up! Be careful what you hear.

The Beginning of Knowledge
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Verse 7 clearly says fools despise wisdom and instruction. I will not be a fool. I will study, hear, and obey God's word to me. Will you?

Walk Not in the Way of Sinners
Proverbs 1:10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
Peer pressure at its worst! How often are we tempted to go along with the crowd around us. Be the voice of reason. Speak, someone is waiting to hear the obvious.

Proverbs 1:15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
Lead by example.

Wisdom Cries in the Streets
Proverbs 1:20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets. In our everyday, day in day out life, in the market place and beyond, the wisdom of God cries for attention. There is a severe warning for all who ignore her. Wisdom will not be ignored. The fruit of her presence is manifested in those who take heed and obey.
Verse 31 warns
Proverbs 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
We need Godly wisdom to live this life of ours successfully. This was a quick summation of my own study today. Sometimes I have the luxury of a leisurely meal at the table of God's word. Sometimes a snack. I am always fed and fueled for the next step in the journey. Do not try to accomplish your day on an empty stomach. The table is set and He has prepared a wonder filled meal for us.

Bon Appetit
~Debbie




Unless otherwise attributed, all writing, poetry, posts,art, and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved.
Would you like to see what I am currently painting?
Click on these links http://artparables.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus