Water


Green Door © Debbie Turner Chavers
 

 
The beginning of warmer weather has brought an amazing display of song birds, robins, and assorted woodland creatures to my yard.  The water color painting above is an example of a bird bath that I have in my back yard that we try to keep filled for the birds in my area.  Recently, I witnessed several birds landing on the empty bird bath in my back yard.  Due to extra activity I had been remiss in keeping  their watering hole, filled with water.
It was sadly comical to watch the birds reactions when they landed on the dry bird bath.  Most would land on the edge, stop, lean forward and peer into the bowl for several seconds and then hop into the bowl and walk around slowly, usually dipping and coming up dry.  A few then hopped back on the rim and continued to look in the bowl as though they thought the water would appear. After a moment, they would then fly away.   It was impossible to know whether these were the regular birds that use this bird bath often, but judging from their reaction I think it is possible.

 My husband and I receive a lot of enjoyment from watching these small winged creatures take their small sips of refreshment as they journey. But watching the birds reaction to an empty bird bath, caused me to think about keeping myself overflowing with God's word.  It is easy to become busy with life's demands and forget to refill yourself with the water of God's word.
When I saw the birds and their expectation of finding water,  the Lord reminded me, that there are people in our own lives who come and expect to find the living water of God in us.

Daily we have opportunity to share the water of life, through God's word and our actions. Let's be diligent to keep ourselves filled with the knowledge of God, so no one will leave us thirsty.

~Debbie



Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 7:37, 38 In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Ephesians 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word










All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus