Life More Abundant



I have an older, small truck that I drive regularly.
It is almost 10 years old and there are large patches of paint missing in several places. I am comfortable in my old truck. It is not pretty by any means.
I do not worry about it getting scratched, really muddy, or dented.
I bought it at a hail sale.
I also have a new truck...all the bells and whistles which cost alot to drive. aka...fuel.
The truck is beautiful.
The Lord provided both vehicles and I am allowed to choose daily which one I will drive.
These two vastly different vehicles remind me of my life.
Before accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior, my life was like the old blue truck.
Peeling paint, (spotted with sin) dents, muddy.
Bought from a hell sale.

Yes, Jesus purchased me and gave me an unlimited fuel card by giving me His word and His Spirit.

In the natural, I usually chose to drive the old truck. I am comfortable in it.
It cost more to drive the new truck.
The paradox of these vehicles does not escape my attention.
The new life cost something.

Behold the Man, The Word Became Flesh
© 2005 Debbie Turner Chavers

Our new life has been purchased and we have been handed the keys and unlimited fuel.
Choose life, life that is more abundant.
John 10:10

~Debbie





2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1 Corinthians 6:20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Matthew 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.




*Action and Thought Provoker from God's Word

Ephesians 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.
~~~~~~~~
love-  to welcome, to entertain, to be fond of, to love dearly
reverence- honor,venerate, to treat with deference


To receive more clarity-the big picture read Ephesians chapter 5.






All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2012 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus