My Sin is Prettier Than Your Sin-Repost

I posted this last year and felt led to share it again this year. 
My Sin is Prettier than your Sin. Can you see the absurdity of this statement? I did.

Read John chapter 8 and consider. Drop your stones. What was Jesus writing?

"My sin is prettier than your sin". This sentence was given to me as I lay upon my bed the other night.
I was trying to pray, yet I kept thinking of the flood of information, that had been delivered by several people to me over a period of days.
I sorted through the different emotions that were trying to gain ground in my thought process.
"Nothing doing", I thought. We are called to have the mind of Christ.
That settles it, I will have the mind of Christ.

I was being asked to consider how I view someone else's sin versus my sin. I am asking you, encouraging you to do the same.
Have you ever considered how easy it is to think self righteously about your sin versus the sin of others?
Daily we are given an opportunity to view others and ourselves through the Word of God.

On a personal level, I have had to consider my response to sin.
It is never easy to deal with sin. My own or someone else's.

Thank God, Jesus has already made a WayTherefore, I am to commit myself unto His tender care. To use His word to admonish myself in this earthly walk of love.
To not view myself better than others.
To recognize that my sin is not prettier than your sin. We have all sinned.

Yet God has made a Way and invites us to come clean.
Literally.
To be real with one another.
To drop our stones and for each of us to go and sin no more. John 8

Sin is not pretty. Regardless of the degree of perceived sinfulness, ALL sin is wrong, and we have all been wrong.

In consideration of 1 Corinthians 13, I would like you to consider the statement, "My sin is prettier than your sin."

Humans tend to categorize their sin by their personal perception. Such as....little sin, little lies, small offenses, big offenses...the "But I am a good person" defense.

But God, who is righteous, sees the Truth, and He only, is good.
~Debbie


Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.







All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2012 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus