His Body


Recently, I heard a conversation between a young girl and her grandpa in the parking lot on the way into the sanctuary at church.  As I walked I overheard her asking a question as a statement. "The fingers and toes are important.  Aren't they papa? " "Yes, they are." He replied.

Within a few seconds I was in the building and they were part of the crowd around me.  Just a bit of random overheard conversation on my journey.  Or was it?
I think not.  I have been studying for the past couple of weeks the role of the body of Jesus Christ in the earth and my part in that body.
One of my conversations with the LORD as He is teaching me was an example based on a missing part within a whole. Mental imagery, a pie with a slice missing.  The pie is still a pie yet the imagery shows you something is missing!
The slice of pie has left the building!

Think of a stick figure, even the youngest artist will draw a head, a trunk, two arms, and two legs.  But we all know that there are a lots of parts not shown that cause the body to function.
Most of of us do not feel necessary in the Body or to the Body, yet there is a need for those who are hidden.  Some of us are are hidden by choice and others by their use within the Body.  Each part is necessary and has a vital role within the Body.

The Body and Bride of Christ has Jesus Christ as the Head and we are the members of His Body.  So as a child of God I have sometimes wondered about those fingers and toes and all the other people who are the members of Christ and how we function together as a whole versus our individual lives before God.
As I pondered these thoughts, and wondered at my own place within the Body, the LORD showed me an example.
He reminded me of how a body reacts when something is amputated or missing in the body.  The body will function in most cases by relearning and accessing what is available to get the job done.
But the best scenario is each member in place by the Creator God performing its intended use and gift or gifts within the Body.  Scripture tells us that God has fitted the Body of Christ with many members and they have different gifts given by God.
Read the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 12 and Romans 12 to see the beauty of the Body of Jesus Christ and it's function.


1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.


Romans 12:4-5  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

So after reading Corinthians 12 and Romans 12, what part and gift has God  given you in the Body of Jesus Christ's? Whatever it is, you are needed and wanted.
The Body will still function, but not as well as it could with you and I in it, doing what God has enabled us to do.

~Debbie Turner Chavers






All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2014 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus