Dwelling Thoughts


Everyday we have an opportunity to fill our spiritual house, our earth tent, this body we live in with beauty. I must admit over the past 53 years I have not taken the best care of this earth suit with a very practical beauty regime. On some days I strive to better my appearance but always have in mind that with an aging tent that it is more productive to tend to the lighting instead of the room.

So with that in mind I want to encourage you to think on some "Dwelling Thoughts".
Dwelling thoughts are tent enhancements that put you in a better frame of mind and lend gracious lighting to our physical, emotional, and spiritual habitation.
You know...the place where you live, the place where your thoughts can have a decorating dilemma!

My dwelling thought for today is...
Matthew 17:8  And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

I need to keep my eyes on Jesus Christ.  It is quite easy to be like Peter and want to make a tabernacle for others, myself included.  I want to be responsible in taking care of my appearance but to always lift up my eyes and keep them on Jesus.
Aging can be a mind bender!  But "dwelling thoughts" prayerfully will keep my tent/ house beautiful inside and out.

~ Debbie



All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus