Forgive and Forgiven

                                                                Cold, Stony Heart
                                                          © 1999 Debbie Turner Chavers

I posted the forgive sentences in November 2014 from a journal entry of mine and realized today that I needed to post all of it.  So here it is, I pray you find healing,the ability to forgive and forgiveness too.

At times it can seem impossible to forgive someone and yet for our well being it is required.  Some things are so painful it is difficult to even momentarily consider the thought of forgiveness, yet God is quite specific in His instructions.  Healing of our mind and emotions are usually a process- a process of  obedience to God's way not our own way.

May you be healed and whole, forgiving and forgiven.
In Jesus Christ name.
Amen

*My journal entry...
"When will the the healing begin?" I ask in my heart as I say it out loud.
I hear the quiet whisper in my soul, "Write, Debbie, write.''
And so I start, tears streaming across my face, pen to paper, I write.
I feel as though I have years of tears to shed and a need of the Son to dry them.
I sit frozen in my heart seeking warmth from the wind of His Spirit.  Breathlessly waiting to see if the teeny spark of fire in me will flame.
I write, the words stirring in me.

I hear "Forgive" which is followed by,
One Word
One Way
One Savior

I know this is not my thoughts concerning my pain, it is the Spirit of God reminding me of His Word concerning my ways, my choice to forgive or to hate.
The quick, quiet reply soothes my soul.  As with all instruction from the LORD, obedience is required and my lack of ability toward forgiving another has nothing to do with that obedience.
I am given a choice to obey or disobey.

So in the natural man your fleshly desire may not want to forgive, yet for the process of healing you must.
God is Jehovah Jirah, my Provider.  He is Provider.  That encompasses whatever the need is for me.  What I have to give is me and my obedience to His Way.  He is not bothered by my lack, my unforgiveness, my hatred.
He wants it all.  Everything.  Everything submitted. He can and will receive it all.  You just have to choose to give it to Him.  
Not perfect, not planned. Submitted.
You ask, He supplies.  I know it sounds simple and on His part it is simple.  But for humans, everything about our flesh wants to do exactly opposite of that which is for our good.

Like physical exercise, the things you can not see with your natural gaze are starting to get stronger, leaner in your body as you exercise.
When exercising a walk of obedience to God's word you are changing also in your body, soul and spirit.  You will begin to feel the love that only He can instill in your heart. Choose to obey Him. Trust Him.  He is able.

~Debbie


Matthew 6: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Ezekiel 11:19  And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

1 Thessalonians 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2015  Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus