A Robe of Righteousness-One Size Fits All


I have memories of cold mornings as a child where my mom woke me up to dress me for school. It was always dark and cold outside on these mornings. Her efforts to draw me from the warm blanket lined nest met limp resistance as she coaxed me to get ready for school. I remember the fuzzy image of her drawing me forward and encouraging me to get up as I was lifted out of the nest to start a morning routine. 
My goal at six years of age was to escape as quickly as possible to the warm nest again!  There she would find me and proceed to dress me as I lay on my back trying unsuccessfully to go back to sleep.  Some mornings a warm cloth was used to wipe the sleep from my eyes to facilitate cooperation with the wake up process. I can still hear her voice as she instructed me to cooperate as she slid my socks on my small feet.  Next a shirt and pants or a dress and tights were put on my small frame. Then came the shoes after I was pulled to a seated position and led to the kitchen to eat a bowl of Cream of Wheat and buttered toast. 
Strange how such moments in childhood remain with you through the years. With my own children as well as my grand children such scenes reemerge in my memory as my own mothering moments happen. 
All childhood memories are not always as pleasant as this remembered moment for me or possibly for you either.  Most parents do the best they can day to day in feeding and clothing us but we were made for eternity and have an eternal need for only what God could provide through His Son. 
We have a Father in heaven who wants to dress us daily in His word. The Word, Jesus Christ.  There is a robe of righteousness waiting for you, shoes of peace, and a girdle of truth. 
Allow God to dress you.  Allow the warm cloth of His Word to wipe the sleep from your eyes.  Salvation gives us a beautiful robe of righteousness to wear each day.

Get dressed by accepting the free gift of salvation, there is a seat waiting for you at the table. 
~Debbie


Cleansed and Redeemed
© 1996 Debbie Turner Chavers



Isaiah 61:10  I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Revelation 19:16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Hebrews 9:12  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us


Ephesians 6:13-17  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Psalm 145





All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus