Opened Eyes Still See Him


© 2013 Debbie Turner Chavers


Matthew 20:29-34  And as they departed from Jericho, a great multitude followed him.
And, behold, two blind men sitting by the wayside, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.
And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.
And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you?

They say unto him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened.
So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.

Their persistence was rewarded as they ignored the crowd and sought the Lord. Our persistence is rewarded also. I once was spiritually blind and the Lord had compassion on me as well.
There are many types of blindness.  Do not give up. Keep persisting.

I noted that they were leaving Jericho, what once had been a walled city. Unbelief can be like a walled city.
I noted they were by a wayside. If you have not chosen Jesus as your Savior, He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, you also, are on the wayside. (John 14:6)
I noted that their persistence and verbal recognition of Jesus caused him to stand still.
Amazing.
Jesus knows when we are trying to get his attention.
Ignore the opposition, call louder, more persistent, keep calling on the Lord. 

Their cries of recognition were as a prayer. And Jesus answered, What will ye that I shall do unto you?
I also noted that when their cries were answered, they followed him. 
Yet in his compassion, he heard and healed them ...before they followed.

It is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance. (Romans 2:4)

New Testament...
His goodness passed by, stopped, and granted their request to see. Think of that! 

Old Testament...
Remember Moses, he asked to see also in Exodus 33:19-23
And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: 
but my face shalt not be seen.

Jesus is our intercessor. Look at the favor and the beauty of the gift given. The Rock of our salvation , Jesus said if we see him we have seen the Father. Jesus is the Rock on which we are able to be hid in and rest on. Our Healer, blind eyes opener, Savior. We are covered. Opened eyes still see Him.

~Debbie


John 14:9 ...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; ...

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

For further study consideration -John 5:31-47





** If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.

All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible which can be accessed online http://biblegateway.com Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus