A Prayer of Holy Rest

Yesterday, as I read Luke 11, the words "certain and ceased" grabbed my attention. Luke 11:1 is the introduction to the Lord's Prayer.
Luke 11:1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.


© 2014 Debbie Turner Chavers

I am sure John taught his disciples well, but humanity and fleshy endeavors do not equal rest.
He ceased is what grabbed my attention. There are certain places..situations where I prayed and ceased. When I should have "seized" the prayer of faith and confessed the Lord's Prayer of provision and thanksgiving.
There is a holy rest in the Lord's prayer. A humbling of heart that confesses not me and my ability, but His provision for all things concerning me. All things concerning you.

His will, not mine. My total dependence daily upon my Creator for my physical and spiritual bread.
An acknowledgement of my dependence upon Him to forgive, as well as to be forgiven.
A holy rest that meets my need to have my footsteps ordered and led by the LORD so that I may avoid evil. To be granted the blessing of holy focus that although the path may widen yet my feet may stay within the Way.

Prayerfully resting in His Love
~Debbie





Luke 11:2-4 And he said unto them,
When you pray, say Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD and he delighteth in his way.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.




** If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.
All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2016 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible which can be accessed online http://biblegateway.com Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus