Need vs.Want

When my three children were small they would make the statement...but I need that. It did not take me long to realize that need was not the issue but "I want" was making itself heard loud and clear.
Our flesh always insists quite persistently.
One of the joys of motherhood is that through watching these little ones grow up, I was allowed the privilege of growing up with them. I could hear their persistent whine of "but I need that", not realizing that a candy bar instead of supper would not be beneficial to their nutritional needs. After awhile I saw how I would insist to the Lord "but I need that"and He would assure me through His word in the Bible that it was an "I want that" and was not in my best interest.

If we examine these two words: need vs. want in our everyday life exchanges, it does not take long to see a pattern emerging. The next time you hear yourself or others say "but I need that" examine it thoughtfully and see if indeed you really need that or if you just want that.
We need to to think through the difference of these two words so that we can make wiser choices.
We may not always want to do this but we need too!

Debbie


Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus