Gardening

Recently, I had the opportunity to pull weeds out of my garden and flower beds.
The weather was balmy, but regardless of the beauty of the day, weeds are not welcome in my garden! It has been awhile since I weeded the beds and they needed attention.
It amazed me as I gardened how even weeds can blend in and not seem so bad...thus my lack of attention to this area.

The last time that I weeded the garden and flower beds I carefully pulled and pried gently until I thought I had removed every little bit of the rootlet. Weeds have a way of blowing in from other yards and through the air via birds, insects, etc....
As I felt the warm sun on my face and back, I pondered all the activity and growth of these unwanted visitors.

It reminded me of myself and my walk with the Lord.

My soul tends to get weeds in the garden of my heart and mind if I am not regularly tending to their care. Bad habits and sin have a way of leaving rootlets that without the regular watering and light of God's word tend to start growing again.
I may convince myself at times that my garden is just fine ...Thank you!
But just like my rose and vegetable garden I soon see evidence of a few weeds amongst the roses in the garden of my heart without proper attention on a regular basis.

The scripture reference below said this about tares.
tares- a kind of darnel, resembling wheat except the grains are black
The important part of this to me was that it resembled wheat.. it wasn't wheat.


There are things that I allow at times, convinced that they are part of a good harvest.
But without the light and truth of God's word it is easy to be deceived by the appearance of a weed.
My garden once again...for the moment is weed free.
But least I become deceived by appearances...I must observe carefully the planting and harvest of my garden and the care that it requires to give an account to the Lord of the Harvest.
Remember...the Word of God zaps weeds at the root when applied liberally.



Matthew 13:27
So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?




~Debbie


I recently received a blog award by a lovely lady named Helen. I will post it and the future recipients a bit later. Thanks Helen:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus