Based on the BEATITUDES by Rick Warren
1. Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable. "Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.” Matthew 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover. "Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control. "Happy are the meek.” Matthew 5:5
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself and to another person whom I trust. "Happy are the pure in heart.” Matthew 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life. "Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.” Matthew 5:6
6. Evaluate all my relationships, offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others when possible, except when doing so would harm them or others. "Happy are the merciful” Matthew 5:7 "Happy are the peacemakers” Matthew 5:9
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His work for my life and gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to be used by God to bring this good news to others, both by my example and by my words. "Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.” Matthew 5:10
Reprint of an article.
All writing,poetry,posts,art,and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/
Post a Comment