Begging




For many years I had a cockatoo.  Her name was Halo.  Halo was always insistent  and learned to say Please! early on.  As a young bird we had taught her to ask for treats and things by saying Please! 
I learned many lessons interacting with Halo.  The lesson of patience was acquired quickly by calming this creature.  Once Halo had a notion there was not much that could distract her focus.  I likened it to prayer.  It certainly made me pray! 
This is the lesson I learned by listening to Halo beg, "Please,Please, Please".  This litany of repetition would be uttered almost in a whisper which would escalate into a full fledged crescendo if not addressed quickly. 
On this particular occasion, Halo kept urging me to satisfy her need for a treat.  In reality her want of a treat..
And so she started begging, "Please, Please, Please" and on it went.  
I was busy so I became annoyed because the thing she was asking for was sitting right in front of her.
Yet, she still kept begging louder and louder, "Please, Please,Please!"

As I listened, I wondered, Is this how I sound to God when I talk to Him?
Begging, please, please for an answer. When in reality there is no need for He has given me the treasures of heaven and has withheld no good thing from me?

Her begging annoyed me, but it made me look at my prayer life differently.

Instead of Please, Please, Please.  I asked God to help me have eyes to see His answer right in front of me.
So I could say...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

~Debbie

© 2012 Debbie Turner Chavers


Matthew 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Psalm 84:11  For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good [thing] will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Ephesians 1:18,19  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,



All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2012 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/ Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus