A journal entry


Enough
© 2004 Debbie Turner Chavers



I have many things to be grateful to God for, and all of my children are blessings to me and my husband. Each one is a gift from God.

Last month, I read a sentence from another writer that spoke to my heart. It was written by another mother, Emily Wierenga, who was concerned over her perceived weakness to handle parenting and life. She was feeling over-whelmed. Emily's dialogue with the Lord was " I haven't called you---a voice says, and I lean into the air listening. I haven't called you to be strong. I have called you to be obedient."

In life and parenting there are so many opportunities to question your ability. Yet, success is measured by His ability, not ours. Do not trust your own efforts. Trust Him and His ability to complete that which He started.

Put up your shield of faith and stand.
Stand on His promise to be with you and never leave or forsake you.
His promise to you and your generations.
Stand, holding onto His hand which never wavers and NEVER loses that which is placed in His Hands.

So I am weak, yet He is strong. And that is enough.

As I prayed for my children and my own parenting skills, I heard the following in my spirit and wrote it in my journal.

Child with an expansive heart
Lay down your judgements
Your need to win

Open up your heart
Further
And let Him in.

~Debbie Turner Chavers





Revelation 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Psalm 127:3  Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.

Deuteronomy 7:13  And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

*My prayer for my husband and I and all our children and future generations.

Philippians 1:6   Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:
In Jesus name, Amen.




All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2012 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/ Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus