Psalm 23- Jehovah Jirah


I want to encourage you today to meditate on God's word contained in Psalm 23.   There are six verses.  Read it through at least once and choose one or more verses to snack on today.  Example: verse one
Psalm 23:1  The Lord is my shepherd: I shall not want.

If you are experiencing lack in any area this verse will encourage you to believe God's best for you.
As I read this, I ask myself a few questions.  Have I asked The Lord to be my shepherd? I have.  So I can say, " He is my shepherd." Now as any area of lack comes to mind I can joyfully respond with " I shall not want."  Not because of my effort, but because God said so, and He does not lie.

As I mull this over, I realize that at times I may not want because there is no lack, sometimes there is no desire for a given thing, but regardless of the situation, God is Jehovah-Jirah, my provider.

Scripture is a balanced meal. As with anything you eat, you receive nourishment as you chew it thoroughly!

~Debbie

Psalm 23:1-6
The Lord is my shepherd: I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies: thou anointest my head with  oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of The Lord forever.





All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2013 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus