Save the Date

Have you ever prepared a meal and had your guests not show up? Or have you ever made a really great meal and wished there were someone to share it with you? The majority of people like to entertain and commit a lot of time and effort in sharing a meal. Even if the meal is not a feast, the breaking of bread with others is usually a wonderful event. At times we choose to eat alone but the Lord desires to eat with us and has gone to prepare a place and a wonderful meal for us.
I like to eat in my dining room at times and remember meals eaten with others as I sit there. This is usually a good memory, but the other day I saw it in a different light. I sat there eating the simple meal that I had prepared and I realized that none of my loved ones were seated in their appointed chairs. No one on this day showed up for supper, but they all know that they have an open invite to share a meal with me. Some days they take me up on my invitation, but this day I sat alone.

As I contemplated this train of thought I began to think about the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Revelation 19:9
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

I wondered how the Lord will feel if you and I are not in our appointed seat when the Marriage Supper of the Lamb is seated. He has issued an invitation to Come and Dine. We have received an invitation from the Lord of Hosts to partake of His glory in heaven and be seated in Heavenly places with Him. He left us with the ability to take communion, rejoicing in His shed blood and by His stripes we are healed and can now have forgiveness of our sins and open communication with God.

If for any reason you have not RSVP' d or in modern lingo "Saved the date" for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. What are you waiting for? God loves you and has a place for you. Do not delay. Respond today.

Debbie



Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Corinthians 11:24
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Corinthians 11:25
After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
John 21:12
Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus