At Heart I Am a Child


At times I publish some of my poetry from my poetry journal, Letting Go of Cockatoo Dreams.
Here is one of my poems.

At heart I am a child 
and the world and its trappings to much to bear
I am hidden 
as I pool my tears behinds eyes and ears

Hating the soul tear that rends my resolve to not cry
To not care
To hold my resolve 
 a broken baby doll

And then I remember
daddy
My father, God
who holds me gently and gathers my tears
Who reminds me while my sobs still hang in the air
Hush my child
It is alright to care
To fall, yet fly, 
under girded,
safely guarded 
In the shadow of His wings
It is there 
that I fly

At heart I am a child
learning to forgive, learning to forget
pressing forward unto a new way

At heart I am a child
His child
and today 
is a new day
~ 2012 Debbie Turner Chavers


Psalm 56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: [are they] not in thy book?
Psalm 17:8  Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
Psalm 59:16  But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.



All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2013 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus