Boundaries, This is Important

Boundaries can be ancient landmarks, ways or laws that were established in our life time or far before the day we were born. In our current society there is not much respect held for boundaries that were put in place to be beneficial to mankind, spiritually and physically.
In general I have seen a repetitive mindset that throws all things away in lieu of something new.
Not better. Just new.

Today I traveled many small towns and back roads and appreciated the boundaries that were set in place, a neighboring fence, a stop sign, a sign that warned of sharp curves ahead, one lane bridges, etc.....
Large and small boundaries that made my day and my path so much easier to navigate.

Man established these boundaries and at will, can and has changed these boundaries.
Yet, God gave us boundaries that are never to be changed by mere man.

Some old places I passed had been designated as landmarks, historical landmarks.
One building even stated on the front "This is important"
So man has recognized some ancient landmarks and yet ignores or replaces thousands of others that have far greater value to the spiritual and physical needs of our nation.

Each dismissed boundary shouts from our past "This is Important"

I am one, you are one. In my life I can choose to honor God's word and obey the boundaries that His love for me has established. As an individual I can daily find a way to establish God's word, His ancient landmark in my heart and my everyday life.
In the physical realm, I can let my voice be heard for the good.
There are many ways to establish a landmark or recognize and honor our ancient spiritual and physical landmarks.
Set a precedence.
You are the generation that will establish your children's landmarks.
Be one.
A vocal, active one.
I am one. You are one.
Make a difference.


~Debbie


Proverbs 22:28
Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus