Once Saved. Always Saved?

Questions and answers. From the very first days of my salvation I have been asked about and told of other peoples concept of once saved, always saved.
So I decided to write a few of my thoughts on this question. ..once saved, always saved?
From my perspective it has never been about whether Jesus changed His mind about my salvation, but did I? At any point in my walk with God, past, present or future, did I change my mind?
Am I walking away from Him or toward Him?

He has promised to never leave or forsake me. Did He mean it? Yes.
Did I mean it? Am I backing it up with my obedience? Am I applying myself to the study of His word to show myself approved?

So, I ask myself, "Have I applied it"? Am I applying it? His word, am I actively participating in my relationship with Christ? 
Once saved? Yes, I was once saved.
And since I am in a relationship with God through His son Jesus Christ, I have committed myself to the nurturing of this relationship. Not of works, lest I boast, but an active relationship with the one who shed His blood to set me free from all that would hinder me. 
The relationship of salvation.
~Debbie

Ephesians 1:13  In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Hebrews 3:14  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;








All writing, poetry, posts,art, and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible.
Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com/or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus