Do Not Whisper


My oldest granddaughter and I were sitting at her small table having a snack, sharing a moment.  Sometimes during these moments of sweet fellowship with my granddaughter I tend to speak softly, almost conspiratorially.
But this time as I spoke she said "Don't whisper" and I asked "Why?" To which she replied, "Don't whisper, because I love you!" 
I smiled and said "Alright, I love you too. I won't whisper."
She was so serious about her request that I  prayerfully considered our interaction during our meal together. As I thought about it, the Lord brought the scriptures in Matthew 10:27 and Matthew 5:14 to my mind.

So...I am not whispering .
We are a city set on a hill.. Let us shine.
What God whispers in our ear, we preach from the housetops!

Do not whisper, because He loves us.
~Debbie




Matthew 21:15-16 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say?  And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Matthew 10:26-27  Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 5:14-16 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 


Psalm 8:1-9
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and suckling a hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visited the him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!





**If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.

All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com Protected by US and International copyright laws. Scripture references from King James bible



Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus