Breathe Deeply

There is an automatic relaxation response when you breathe deeply.

While working this morning I saw a picture of the ocean and involuntarily took a deep breath and felt a flood of peacefulness pass across me.
Relax my mind tells me.
I comply by focusing momentarily on the moment. Literally taking a moment, to take in the moment.

I have on purpose placed an object, a color, or a sound in my immediate atmosphere to cause me to focus on a positive, deep breath.
To use these things to refocus my attention on the positive.
My goal is to be mindful. To walk in peace, to relax.

God's written word, the Bible has a similar effect on me. So I take time to rest in His word.
Inwardly I breath in His breathe, His peace which passes understanding. Allowing His Spirit to renew my mind in His word.
As I focus on His written Word, I breath deeply, feeling the cares of the moment slipping a way, until His way has pre-eminence in me.

There are many ways to cause the Relax response. It is different for each of us.
I want to encourage you to pay attention to those things which cause you to take a deep breath.

Learn to recognize your Relax response.
To breathe in the moment and rest.


~Debbie


© Debbie Turner Chavers



Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4:23
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Psalm 33:6By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


Would you like to see what I am currently painting?

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus