Words Revolving

Original water color painting "Behold the Man, The Word Became Flesh " copyright © 2005 Debbie Turner Chavers




My new birth, birthday is January 1st of each new year.  As I enter into a new year I contemplate the hope that most of us feel with a new beginning.  Diets, new resolutions, new beginnings are on most of our minds. So with that in mind I want to encourage you to find a verse that will help you stay focused on a positive move forward in your own everyday life.

Prayerfully consider God's word which is His promises to each of us and write out one or more that ministers to you and your needs.  I have written mine down on a banner and will refer to it throughout the coming year to remind myself of my focus.

I looked up the scriptures below and was fascinated with the meaning of the word fitly.  The context meant to revolve like a wheel.  A word that is revolving or repeating in a circle, like a wheel. 
So I will take the word fitly spoken, my chosen verses and repeat them to myself and over my life and choices regularly.

Maybe you have an area of weakness.  Your verse might be, Philippians 4:13, that says "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Are you fearful?  Lack boldness?  Then your verse might be, 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

God's word is powerful, use it.  Through reading and proclaiming His Word, you can allow it to enable and empower you, to overcome your own perceived real and imagined limitations.

The voice you give the most credence to is your own.  Speak well of yourself.  Give yourself to God and see what He will make of you.  A new creature. You can start over.  He loves you.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.


Get in agreement with Him. He loves you and wants to do you good and work all things out for your good, all the days of your life.

Start the New Year off new.  If you have never asked Jesus to live in your heart and be your Lord and Savior, I am asking you to do so now.  Have you walked away from Him?  Have your choices led you astray?  Turn now, revolve, repent.  Do not just be a hearer of the Word, but be a doer of the Word.
He is waiting.  With open arms, He is waiting.

The Prodigal and Family, copyright © 2010 Debbie Turner Chavers

Click on this link  ABC-A Simple Salvation Prayer   for an easy prayer to receive Jesus as your Savior.



Proverbs 25:11  A word fitly spoken [is like] apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Proverbs 15:23   A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word [spoken] in due season, how good [is it]!


~Debbie




© 2010 Debbie Turner Chavers
Would you like to see what I am currently painting?
Click on the links or the thumbnail picture.

Pet portrait commission


  http://artparables.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com/

Popular posts from this blog

If God asked you a question, what would it be?

Singing Encouragement-Overcoming Fear

Realigned Focus